ArLoco 3.0 is released!
- Now you can assign an individual address to each input outside the range of the ArLoco based on the base address.
- An input can be ‘inverted’. Until now an input was set to occupied on a low signal. With inversion an input can also be set to occupied on a high signal. This is usefull for optical detection where a train crosses a light beam instead of reflecting it.
NOTE: because the storage of the configuration in EEPROM is changed Arsigdec must be reconfigured after updating.
What is ArLoco
The ArLoco is a 16(UNO) or 58(MEGA2560) channel feed back encoder with LocoNet®.
It uses a special Arduino shield that includes 16 inputs for channels, a power supply for the Arduino and two RJ12 connectors for LocoNet.
On a MEGA the normal MEGA pins must be used for sensors 17-58.
The ArLoco program has the following features:
- 16 Channel, low or high active, feedback input
- Use of a maximum of 256 addresses. So for each ArLoco you have to specify the required address range (1-16, 17-32,…, 241-256).
- Each input can have its own address.
- Optimised for both pulse detection (like reedswitch) and continuous detection (like current detection).
- Simple configuration with your PC. So no complex CV-programming!
- Powered by LocoNet or external power (12-16 V AC/DC)
- Supports LocoNet-T and LocoNet-B
- Each channel can be configured for pulse or continuous detection. (Channel 1 only for pulse)
- Continuous detection:
- Prevention of fake detection caused by spikes
- Prevention of fake detection caused by short current outage
- Ideal in combination with current detection print OKKIE
- Pulse detection:
- Generates a fixed length pulse of 1 second.
- Eleminates contact bouncing
- Prevention of a double pulse when driving slowly
- Ideal for use with reedswitches.
What do you need?
- An Arduino UNO microcomputer
- An ArLoco shield (see picture above)
- A Command station that supports LocoNet (E.g. Intellibox, Daisy II, DR5000)
or a LocoNet buffer.
- A computer with train control software (E.g. iTrain or Traincontroller)
- Optional: a current dectection print like OKKIE
- Two LocoNet RJ12 connectors
- Includes power for the Arduino. Powered by LocoNet or external power
- 16 Screw terminals for 16 sensors
- 2 Screw terminals for GND (ground)
- 2 Screw terminals for external power
- Power led
- Status led
- Current detection print for 8 track sections
- 8 Screw terminals for input from tracksections
- 8 Screw terminals for output to ArLoco shield
- GND screw terminal
- Screw terminal for Common track
You can order the Arloco shield and Okkie (print + components) here