The next step in decoding DCC has arrived!
What is it:
A single pcb that combines an Arduino UNO and the existing Arcomora DCC/Power shield.
It is a DIY kit that you have to solder yourself.
- Internal power supply. Input: 9-16V AC or DC
- Can also be powered by DCC
- Can also be powered by external 5V.
- Input for DCC with led indicator and decoder circuit
- ATMEGA328P processor
- 16 Outputs or inputs for controlling accessories and servo’s.
- Outputs with Dupont pins (for servo’s) or screw terminals
- Separate 5V input for servo’s connected to Dupont pins
- Additional 5V output for testing purposes (no servo’s) or leds
- Status led
- Power led
- Servo power led
- Reset switch
To keep the price low there is no USB interface on the board.
But an external USB interface(CH340) is also available.
It can be used for multiple DCCNext decoders.
So you need only one!
That saves money.
You can also use a FTDI interface if you already have it. But take care of the order of the connection pins!
Also available is a housing box for a more protected mounting.
- You can create your Arduino sketches for processing a DCC signal and upload them to the DCCNext.
- Upload the Mardec 6.1 sketch for use as multipurpose DCC decoder for accessories and servo’s.
- Upload the ArSigDec 3.1 sketch for use as signal decoder.
The board has four power options:
- Internal. Circuit powered by internal power
- DCC track signal
- External. Circuit powered by the 5V terminal
- USB from PC
The power source can be set by two jumpers.
You can make a reservation for:
The DCCNext decoder DIY kit. Contains the pcb and all components. Price: €9,95
The USB-Serial interface including a cable.
A box with text stickers. Price: €4,75
As of January 2024 all boxes will be black!
You can also order a completely assembled DCCNext.
An interface and/or box must be ordered separately!
The print is already soldered and tested. In the Remarks field of the order page you can specify how many ports requires Dupont pins for servo’s.
Just connect to your PC and upload Mardec or Arsigdec or your own sketch.
Price only €22,50
Sometimes you need more power then can be delivered by an Arduino or DCCNext.
In that case a PowerNext-Z or PowerNext-P (released soon) from Arcomora can help you.
The PowerNext-Z is a board that can be used for controlling devices that require more current and a higher voltage. It can switch a maximum load of 2 Amp or a peak load of 4 Amp.
The main characteristic of the PowerNext-Z is that all loads must use a common zero (ground). It is designed for tracks where other electrical devices uses already a common zero.
The PowerNext-Z can control two, fully independent, groups of eight devices that require two different voltages. E.g. turnout coils that require 18V and a led strip that require 12V.
Therefore two power supplies can be connected. Of course you can also use the same power supply for both groups.
You can connect the output from a DCCNext/DCC-shield to an input (green terminals) of the PowerNext-Z. The input is fully separated from the output of the PowerNext-Z by an optocoupler; even the ground is not connected. This 100% galvanic isolation between input and output(blue terminals) prevents unwanted disruptions. GND 1 and GND 2 from both power supplies are also separated but you may connect them.
You can also connect outputs from multiple DCCNext/DCC shield to the PowerNext-Z.
Be sure to connect all GND from the DCCNext/DCC-shield to the GND input.
The PowerNext-Z does NOT support multicolor led strips as load. For multicolor led strips use the PowerNext-P board. But you can use multiple single color ledstrips per group as multiple loads.
All outputs contain a suppressor diode. That makes it very suitable for turnout coils.
Typical application for the PowerNext-Z with Mardec accessories:
- Turnout coils; require two outputs and a “Double one shot“
- On/off control for DC motor, lights or one-color led strips and a “Single steady“.
- PWM control (slowly on-off-on) of DC motor, lights or one-color led strips and a “Analog PWM“.
Price only €14,50 (DIY kit)